My Spot

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Let's clean Slovenia in one day!

Today was a big day for my country. All over Slovenia, volunteers gathered to clean up all the illegal dumping grounds and other hidden garbage dumped in the nature round our beautiful country. Over 200.000 people officially signed up for the action, but practically everybody was involved. You could see entire families picking up garbage and having a great time doing it - especially little kids! Naturally, I did my civic duty and cleaned along the road where I usually go for my morning walks. I ended up with two huge garbage bags full of old cans, bottles, and other rubbish!

I hope that after today sites like this will no longer exist in Slovenia!

Try to organize such cleanup action in your country, as well! You'll have a feeling of belonging and huge satisfaction! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home