My Spot

Saturday, November 03, 2018

Black Mirror

Black Mirror

My first attempts with a black mirror. I'm quite pleased with the result, actually :-)
While I initially started out with different combinations of coloured pencils, I decided to post this photo here on my Flickr. Why? Well, I decided to use it as a way of explaining the question that I got the other day about my white cane: "Do the colours on your cane mean anything?" And the answer is yes!

While today white canes can be colourful, too (different colours of grips, tips, etc), there is a kind of an international "code" about white canes, too.
1) A white cane that is completely white indicates that the user is completely blind.
2) A white cane with a red bottom part (like the one I have) indicates that the user is visually impaired and still has some usable vision left.
3) A striped red and white cane indicates that the user is deafblind.
So, next time you see someone with a white cane, pay attention to the colours of the cane. This way, you'll know how to act around them and perhaps help them if they ask for help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home