My Spot

Monday, April 10, 2006

Technology junk

I have read somewhere that a special mobile phone has been made which you can wrap around your wrist and wear it like a bracelet! I have also seen on TV that they have made a phone you can plant after you have stopped using it and a sunflower will grow out of it!
Where is all this going? We can watch science-fiction movies where they use all sorts of technological devices to travel, communicate, heal and so on and I'm sure many of us think to ourselves: "Hmm, I wish I had that. I could beam myself to wherever I wanted in a second!"
But does anyone stop to think that we already live in an era where it's only a matter of time until they invent a "beaming device" and other weird things that will sooner or later become "indispensible" in our lives?
But what if something goes wrong? What if something goes so wrong that the human race will be wiped off of the face of the Earth? Apparently nobody's worried about that! Because, why worry now? We'll just cross that bridge when we come to it, right? Sure, if there will be anyone left to cross that bridge at all! And what if there isn't a bridge to cross because we forgot to build one?
I'm beginning to miss the good old days when life was still simple - with no technology junk to worry about... Maybe someone will finally figure out how to build a time-machine and we can travel back to those lovely, uncomplicated days and stay there, as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home