My Spot

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Operation Dog-Cam


I just got a brand new videocamera for my computer!! Yepeee! So, here's a little something about my new "Operation Dog-Cam".

I've been pondering the idea of getting a computer camera (or some other form of digital recording device) and the whole business seemed pretty amusing and interesting for several reasons. First of all, I could record (or make snapshots of) my family and myself and send them to our relatives to the States. This is something I've been planning to do for quite a while, but I never quite knew how to go through with it. Second, there's the possibility of making a video and putting it on the Internet. I could make a demo video of some brilliant skill or other that I possess and give a chance to others to learn and master it, too. But, ultimately, I just wanted to get a camera so that I would have something new to amuse myself with, some new project to get the hang of. So, today I finally decided to go through with it.

It was about half an hour till the computer shop where I buy my computers and stuff connected to the subject was about to close. I got into the car and speeded to the shop. Upon entering the place I suddenly panicked. How was I going to pick the best camera with such a wide range of choice? Well, my whole dilemma was solved when the guy in the shop told me that they only had one more camera left, because they were waiting for the new supplies to come in. So, naturally, I inquired about the price and asked him if the whole thing has voice-recording options and if it is compatible with my computer. When he confirmed, I decided to take it. When I brought it home, I was absolutely extatic about it!! Out my computer went and I carefully installed the device. I figured out how the thing works in a couple of minutes and already made a short video (about 8 seconds long) to test it. So, what else is there to say? Well, there is one more secret about my cam.

As you can see from the title "Operation Dog-Cam", the whole thing has to do with dogs - yes, you're reading correctly. DOGS. You see, the camera is actually placed inside a soft-toy dog, called Genius (or, at least, that's the name it has on the blue jeans it's wearing). So, the cam is perfect for me, since I love dogs!!! I wonder if you can guess where the camera (the lens) actually is...

3 Comments:

  • At April 24, 2007 10:46 PM, Blogger Mayhem II. said…

    Genius is the name of the company that made the dog-cam ;) The camera lens are in the dog's nose :)

     
  • At April 24, 2007 11:25 PM, Blogger Mayhem said…

    Pardon, the lens is.. :)

     
  • At April 24, 2007 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Bojan!

    Yes, you're right - the lens is in the dog's nose :)
    And, yes, I do know that Genius is the name of the company - but since the doggie has the name on its jeans, I figured I'd call it by the same name :)
    Thanks for stopping by on my blog and posting a comment. I'm always happy to see new readers! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home