My Spot

Monday, March 05, 2012

I can't see my origami, but I can feel every crease (Part 2): A SpanishBox

As I have explained yesterday, blind people can do origami, too. This is the first time I have tried to do origami blind. These are my finished pieces. I have decided to make some simple models first. Since I can't see my work, I have to do the folding just by touch. That's why it takes me a little longer to make origami.

This is a Spanish box. It was a particularly tricky origami to make. The box itself is quite easy, but the fans on the corners are quite difficult to make if you can't see. I made four of these before I finally made it right. The first one was all wrong and its shape just didn't feel right. The second and the third ones were shaped nicely, but the fans were all crooked and too big. Then I made this one. I was particularly careful when I was folding the fans. When I felt the finished product and ran my fingertips over the fans, I finally decided that it's made well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home