My Spot

Friday, April 14, 2006

Making friends


I went into the garden yesterday. I had an interesting book to read and I couldn't wait to start. The comfy lawn-chair was waiting for me already in the sunny part of the garden, a glass of hot tea keeping it company. I sat down and opened the book. When I was half through the first page I had a feeling that someone was watching me. I turned around... and there he was!

He looked quite nice, actually. He was wearing an orange shirt and a bright red jacket - you know, one of those with big pockets on the sides to put things in. He had a pair of blue jeans on (they were patched at the knees - he must have torn them somewhere) and black boots. He was holding a pipe in his hands. You could see it was freshly stuffed with tobacco and he was just about to light it. He had a big red hat on his head and he was smiling at me. I smiled back and we just kept looking at each other for a few moments. I liked him and I don't think he objected me being there, either. Moments passed. I then returned to reading my book, leaving him there to keep me company.

This is how I made friends with our neighbours' garden gnome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home