My Spot

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Fashion show

I was in a shoe-store the other day, buying new trainers. I came to the store, kowing exactly what I wanted, got them, paid and left. However in those 5 minutes I spent there, I was a witness to a slave-of-fashion shopping. It's a horrible thing to see! It might even give you nightmares afterwards!

There were two ladies in the shop, apparently wanting to buy a pair of light summer shoes. They were sitting in the middle of a pile of boxes, trying to make up their mind. The whole scene looked something like this:
A: "Shall I take these?"
B: "No, they don't go with that blue Versace miniskirt you bought yesterday!"
A: "Yeah, you're right. But if I take the yellow ones, I can't wear them with my pink Dolce'n
Gabanna tank top! And I want to wear my Dolce'n Gabanna tank top!!"
B: "Well, take the white ones then. I like them."
A: "Yeah, I think I will ... But they get stained so quickly! ... Although they ..."

This is just a short part from the horrors I witnessed.
How do we buy clothes or shoes? Or, better yet, how are we supposed to buy them? So that we feel comfortable in them? I should think so! Or do we buy them to impress others? If you look around you, what you'll see is a big fashion show! And probably an awful lot of unhappy people who wear those high heels (or whatever fancy piece of clothing they happen to be wearing) just to impress others but they suffer wearing them!

Personally I swear on my T-shirts, jeans and high trainers - I don't care if they're not fashionable; they're comfortable and practically indestructible! And isn't that the point of clothes and shoes?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home