My Spot

Saturday, November 01, 2008

26


26 (It's my birthday!) :-)
Originally uploaded by Cobra_11
Today I celebrated my 26th birthday! Well, officially, my birthday is not over yet - to be precise, two more hours to go (it's ten o'clock as I'm writing this post). It was a lovely, quiet day. I'm not particularly big on parties, so I just spent the day doing things that I like most: sleeping in, watching TV, taking some photos and reading. I also took out some old photo-albums and spent some time watching my past over breakfast (as you can see from the photo ;-) ).

About 20 or so years ago, everything was so much simpler: eating, sleeping and playing ruled my life. The country I spent the first third of my life in was Yugoslavia. We had about three TV channels to watch cartoons on and two radio stations to listen to. I was just learning to use the phone - we had a big, bright red one with the "twist-the-numbers" dial. Yes, back then we still had the time to turn each number and wait for the dial to turn back! When we went on holidays, we took time to get to wherever we wanted to come. I still remember the lovely rides in our VW Beetle!

Today, everything is different. We live life on the fast lane... unfortunately. No more time to turn the numbers on the big red phone - we have speed dial on our mobiles... No more turning on the TV and watching whatever is on - we absolutely must surf all three-hundred-and-something channels on our cable... No more nice radio shows in the evenings - nice shows just don't exist any more (turn on the radio and all you can hear are just boring commercials)... Well, not everything is bad, though. We do live in our own, independent country Slovenia now. And the one good thing that still accompanies me is our old, faithful VW Beetle, which I now drive myself :-)

Well, there's just one more thing left for me to say in this post: Happy birthday to me! :-)))

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home