My Spot

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Autumn is here


Waking up
Originally uploaded by Cobra_11
It's my favourite time of the year again! There's more than one reason for my love of autumn. First of all, the weather. I love the so called Indian summer! There's nothing mor beautiful than a long walk in the woods on a cold, but sunny autumn day. You can feast your eyes on such beautiful colours...

Then, there are the pumpkins :-) You'll probably laugh at my fondness of these round, orange fruits, but I can't help it! To cut out a scary face and then to put a candle into the pumpkin and light it up in the evening is simply magical :-)

Of course, there's my passion for photography. Autumn is such a lovely time to take shots. The sun has this warm light that, if you know how to use it to your advantage, can give the photos a special, soft touch. The effect of the sunlight coming through the colourful leaves of various trees is another favourite motive of mine :-)

And, last but no least, there's my birthday :-))) Yes, it's coming up very soon and I'm already all excited about it! But, there's still some time until THE day, so until then enjoy the photo of the horse chestnut I took earlier today and posted on my Flickr site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home