My Spot

Thursday, February 23, 2012

"Get Braille paper!"

"Get Braille paper!" by Cobra_11
"Get Braille paper!", a photo by Cobra_11 on Flickr.

This is my "to-do" list for today. The first line reads "Get Braille paper!" Writing Braille doesn't require only a special tool (the slate and stylus), it also requires special paper. Braille paper is thicker, softer and "stretchy" because it's made from longer fibers than the normal paper. Writing Braille works with any paper, though, and for daily stuff I do use regular paper. However, if I want my writing to be more durable, I use Braille paper. But it's not just durability that is important with Braille paper. It's also the way the bumps are embossed. In regular paper the bumps get little tears at the very top, which makes them kind of coarse. Braille paper "stretches" when the bumps are embossed, so the bumps are neat and not pierced through at the top.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home