My Spot

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

European Union Presidency


At midnight Slovenia has taken over the presidency of the European Union for a year! I'm so proud to finally live in an important country! Above, I've posted the Slovenian symbol, which has been chosen to represent our country in the year 2008. It combines the following things: an EU star, our highest mountain Triglav (pronounced as /treegluv/), the rivers and the sea. If you want a more detailed explanation of the symbol, click here. Well, I must admit: I've never thought Slovenia would come this far!! Good job!!!
Oh, incidentally, since 21st December we've got a brand new president of the country, too: Danilo Tuerk (ue = the "u" with the dots/Umlaut above it), PhD. He used to be the former Secretary General of the UN Koffi Annan's closest advisor, so he is an excellent diplomat and an expert on interantional law. I'm convinced that he will lead our country wisely!!! We made the right decision on the elections, I'm positive!

2 Comments:

  • At January 05, 2008 7:09 AM, Blogger Dancin Fool said…

    Happy New Year Wolf and congratulations! I hope you had a brilliant holiday? I did although my only grumble is that I missed out on so many great posts at various blogs including yours! Your bracelets are beautiful. Bye for now! (Have you got any more snow?)

     
  • At January 06, 2008 5:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey there! Happy New Year to you too! Yes, I had a great holiday and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed yours, too. Thanks for the compliments on the bracelets - more pics of my handmade stuff are on Flickr. We do still have some snow left, but we had lots of trouble with ice yeasterday - everything was covered in it (the roads, the cars,...). Today the weather is just wet and dull, but it's supposed to get better in the next couple of days!
    Till next time
    Wolf

     

Post a Comment

<< Home