My Spot

Sunday, October 28, 2007

My little morning friend

This video is still fresh - it was taken a few minutes ago. Today the weather is horrible. It's raining cats and dogs, but hunger is stronger than heavy rain drops. Birds have been coming to my sunflower-seed-dish all morning to have a tasty breakfast. This little fellow is just one of them. I saved his life once, when he crashed into the balcony glass window and fell down unconscious. I picked him up and held him in my hand to keep him warm and all of a sudden he started to move again. When I let him go, he was a bit dizzy at first, but then he flew away. As you can see, he's still doing fine. You might wonder how I know it's the same bird - you see, he's got a tiny feather sticking out near his left wing. Here, he's having a snack - despite the sparrow-attack! I hope you like it!

4 Comments:

  • At November 04, 2007 6:56 AM, Blogger Dancin Fool said…

    Hey Wolf. That's excellent, and how wonderful to be able to see them up so close. I could spend hours watching the birds, and when given the chance, I do!

     
  • At November 04, 2007 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love birds! Just today I made a couple of short movies on my woodpecker, magpie, jay and the dove family and the crow family. I'll upload them eventually =)

     
  • At November 04, 2007 7:37 AM, Blogger Dancin Fool said…

    I look forward to seeing those. Do you have many trees near you or in your garden? We have planted as many trees as we can cram in as it improves bird population but they are still young. In a few years though the garden should be brilliant.

     
  • At November 04, 2007 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow - that was a quick answer! Yes, we have a lot of trees around our house - I live in the countryside, so nature is still pretty unspoilt here. I planted a cypress last year, but it's still pretty small (these trees grow quite slowly, I understand). I'm extremely proud of it!! I'll post a photo of it here, too =) And we have a birch tree in our garden, too (a huge, grown-up tree), which is a sanctuary for the birds. We also have a hedge all around the garden - it's got huge thorns (up to 1 inch long, sometimes even longer), but birds love it (they feel completely safe in it and they even nest in it). I, however, like the look of it, but not the annual trimming (I always get bits of thorns stuck in my arms and legs) - but the sight of happy birds makes all of the pain disappear!

    Oh, a couple of minutes ago I posted a video of Big Pappy - the magpie dad =) Hope you like it! More such videos and photos still to come... =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home