My Spot

Sunday, October 14, 2007

My latest hobby


I decided to post another photo on my blog, but before I go on explaining what it shows, I'd just like to explain something else. On my last post I got a comment that my photo was out of focus. I know it was - you see, I've only got a simple camera, which focuses automatically and it's not exactly meant to be used for taking photos of such small things as toy cars, etc. You are supposed to take a picture from a distance of at least 1 - 2 metres - then, the focus is good. But if I did that with a toy car and other small objects, you could hardly see what I was trying to show. So, I intend to post photos here in the future, as well, regardless of anyone's comment about the focus. It is my blog and I can do with it whatever I want - and that includes posting non-focused photos! If you don't like looking at them, then don't!


So, now to my latest invention. The photo above shows my new bags. The big one on the left is still in the making, so it's still stretched out and looks like a rug. The one on the right is already finished and it's a small purse. The only thing it still needs is a zipper, but I haven't got one that small at home at the moment. Both are made from Hama pearls, used in a new way. To make such a bag you need a strong thread and a long needle. Then you simply sew the pearls together into a looong rug (like the one on the left). In the end, you fold the rug in half and sew the sides together. On the top, fasten a zipper so that the bag closes safely. That's it! It's as simple as that, but it takes quite some time to finish such a bag. The small one took me a day, but the long one a month. You see, the work is very slow because you have to pick one pearl after another and put them together. Doing that means being bent over a table for hours, so you can only do up to about 4 or 5 lines per day. But, when it's finished, the reward is a unique bag which nobody else has!! Trust me, that makes it worthwhile! If anyone would like to learn how to sew the beads together, I'll be posting a film guide here soon, as well!

That's all for now!
Till the next post,
Yours truly








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home