My Spot

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Autumn colours


Today, as I was on my way home from work, I saw this bush (I think it's blackthorn, also known as sloe). The short branches were so full of little bright-red berries that the tree almost broke under their weight. I thought it was such a beautiful sight that I just had to share it with the world! Click on the photo to see it in full size - you can actually see the little berries hanging in clusters between the leaves. These branches are also a popular "lookout" for my birds - especially for the doves. Unfortunately, since I was standing under the tree, none of the dove-family members were up there. Well, maybe I'll catch them some other time!
A lovely scene, isn't it? I sure think so! :-)
Till next time
Yours truly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home