My Spot

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

HHOOOOTTT!!!!



After a short holiday I'm back again. I haven't had much time to write lately: I'm learning how to drive a car, I had to pass a couple of tests on road rules and first aid AND it's simply been TOO HOT to do anything!! I have tried to do some things around the house but I ran out of energy in about 5 minutes after I had started the job. Besides, I've been running around like crazy, spending most of my days on the bus on my way to the city where I take my driving lessons.

So, yesterday I decided to take some action in my fierce fight with the heat. I went into the first store in town in which I saw one of these:

This gizmo does wonders! Now, with this thing turned on most of the time, it's blissfully cool in the house and finally we can breathe normally again (with all this heat even breathing has become an extremely difficult and demanding task).

My other option for cooling down is this:

But a word of caution to everyone who intends to use it as a sort of liquid air-conditioning: use it only outside (unless you live in a bathtub, a swimming pool or permanently sealed in a plastic bag) - otherwise everithing else around you will get marvelously wet!!

Well, if you have the same heatwave problem as I do and you just happen to have a useful piece of advice on how to stay cool (and not get deep-fried or boiled), you are welcome to contribute to the good cause of "getting cool"!

I await proposals!
Thank you

Till next time
Yours truly

4 Comments:

  • At June 28, 2006 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So how hot has it been? Here in Australia a hot day is over 35 degrees C - but last January we had about a week of over 40 degrees with some days the temperature reaching 44. On the other side however, we are complaining about the frosty mornings we have had over the last 3 weeks when it has reached minus 2 or 3 each day. We never get snow where I live so we don't really know what cold is like (unless we visit the mountains in the east). Anyway - keep cool! By the way - my blogs now have a phot gallery.

     
  • At June 29, 2006 12:52 AM, Blogger Mayhem said…

    Some people laugh at me when I tell them that I drink warm mint tea (with a bit of sugar) even in summertime. It keeps you hydrated and contrary to popular belief, doesn't make you hot!

    If you're staying indoors, keep the windows open during the night and close them in the morning.

     
  • At July 01, 2006 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Trevor,

    Minus 2 or 3?! I wish I was there! We have temperatures between 30 to 35 degrees C, but in Croatia (our neighbour country) they had 40 to 45 in the shade and 60 degrees C on the sun the other day.
    If you want to learn what a real European witer is like you should come to Slovenia (from December to February) - we get minus 20 to 25 every winter (at least for a short period of time). And with a lot of fluffy snow gardens look magical!
    I always feed my animal friends in the back garden at that time.
    Thanks for the notice about the photos on your blogs. I will definitely check them out!
    Please do report on your marvelously low temperatures - it makes me feel a bit cooler right away! :)

     
  • At July 01, 2006 12:49 PM, Blogger Lilit said…

    The most simple (but not the easiest) way is to take a swim somewhere. I even felt cold today. Then there's air conditioning. You could try a wet towel (if it works for dogs, it should for humans also ;)). As little clothes as possible. And hoping it'll pass soon :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home