My Spot

Monday, June 05, 2006

The extended family's arrival



Two days ago, while watching the surrounding lawns from our balcony, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Teal'c's and Samantha's (this is how I've decided to call my two starlings) extended family has arrived for a holiday. And, let me tell you, when I say extended, I don't mean just an aunt, an uncle and two or three cousins! I think that Samantha's fifth cousin twice removed showed up and Teal'c's long lost uncle came, too!

They were "grazing" (I suppose I can call their feeding frenzy after their long journey "grazing") on the neighbour's lawn accross the road and didn't allow to be disturbed by anything or anybody whatsoever. They were furiously pulling worms from the ground and stabbing bugs with their sharp beaks. They were having quite a barbecue!

To top it all off, after their delicious and nutricious meal they decided to enjoy the view from a small apple-tree in the middle of the lawn. There were so many of them that the old tree nearly gave way under their weight! After all this fun and excitement they were so exhausted that they moved to a nearby pear-tree (which is much higher than the playground-apple-tree and more secluded, as well) and went to sleep. Since that day we've had the honour to watch the whole flock of birds chasing around our gardens, having fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home