My Spot

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Amanda is back!


Today I have seen Amanda again! She's a squirrel that has been living in my neighbourhood for nearly a year now.

She moved here just before the winter and it didn't take her long before she became the keeper of the park across the street. During the winter months she regularly scanned the territory for possible intruders and since there weren't any around to threaten her position of the local queen, she decided to stay.

Every week she had her regular picnic in (now officially) "her" park, where she would (after eating as many nuts as she could) run around and had her weekly exercise to keep fit (mind you, she's a very athletic squirrel). She never failed to show up for her dinner-and-gym visits.

But about a month ago I became worried. There was no sign of Amanda and I was afraid that something had happened to her. However, it turned out that she must have just been on a holiday (perhaps visiting her relatives). At about one o'clock in the afternoon she came running with all her might across the street from the park and headed straight back home. I was glad to see her again, safe and sound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home