My Spot

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

My future projects

Lately I've been keeping myself busy by thinking what (beside writing my diploma paper) I should do durnig the coming summer months. Well, after all this long pondering over the mind-boggling matter I've decided to do the following:

1)Get myself a dog - I've always wanted to have a dog (if I can quote Richard Dean Anderson here: "Dogs are my favourite people." :-) ) and I finally decided to get one. I would like to get an Australian Shepherd or a Border Collie or just a nice, kind, smart mutt with a sense of care and concern for the owner.















2)Make a pond in our back yard - This will (hopefully) cause an increase in the diversity and number of animals that already come to our garden. At the same time it will make a great haven for my regular "guests" (the hedgehogs, the squirrel, the birds).


6 Comments:

  • At June 08, 2006 1:06 AM, Blogger Lilit said…

    Lovely projects! Hope you manage to build the pond. And provide the pictures :)
    As for the dog, well, I'm an aussie fan (obviously) but I hope you know what you're getting yourself into ;)

     
  • At June 08, 2006 1:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for posting the comment :) I'm going shopping today for the necessary "equipment" for the pond, so I hope it won't take me too long to build one. I'll certainly provide pictures of it when it's all done, so stay tuned! :)
    As for the dog: yes, I do know what I'm getting into and that's exactly why I'm getting into it ;)

     
  • At June 08, 2006 2:07 AM, Blogger Lilit said…

    Wonderful! There seems to be a tremendous ammount of aussie-bloggers. Well, 4, but that's almost a quarter of slovenian aussies.
    Check back in a few days, my aussie will turn 1 year on Monday! :)
    (ps. A litter of aussies will be born in about a month in Ljubljana.)

    I'm glad you'll make an ecological pond. Everybody I know wants to make a pond exclusively for fish and when I start on them about frogs and dragonflies and other, they're all "sure, but we want fish"...
    I'll be waiting for pictures :)

     
  • At June 08, 2006 2:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, that was a quick answer! :) Thanks for the information about the litter of aussies from Ljubljana. And to your doggie: Happy birthday! :) I'll check your blog for the update on the happy event :)

     
  • At June 08, 2006 2:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, I forgot about the pond: yes, it'll be an eco-pond. I won't put in any animals intentionally. I'll leave the pond to the "tenants" that decide to come live in it of their own free will :)

     
  • At June 08, 2006 2:28 PM, Blogger Mayhem said…

    I like the pond idea :)

    By the way, you seem to have stopped reading me? :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home