My Spot

Friday, May 05, 2006

Prunes

Spring's slowly turning into summer and we all know what that means - tourists! A whole lot of them! Yesterday I went to the city and in a matter of minutes I passed Germans, Australians, Americans and even Icelanders on the street. Some of them were loners and not a part of any tourist-group. However, groups are what's interesting to observe. For example, let's have a look at a group I saw yesterday.

It was quite a big group (I'd say about 30 people). Mostly they were retired couples (I think they are really the only ones with enough time and money to travel around already at this time of the year). When I passed them, they were standing in the middle of the square and their tour-guide was explaining something to them. It was about half past two in the aftenoon and it was a sunny day so it was quite hot. Now, picture this: There were these people who (I presume) paid loads of money to come here. You would expect that they would enjoy what they paid for. But instead they stood there, looking like a bunch of prunes with cameras and backpacks hanging on them! I don't understand! Why do such people travel yround in the summer (or late spring) if they clearly can't cope with it? Our country is blessed with lovely weather in autumn, too, and it's not so hot then. They could enjoy the same trip much more!

Is it really worth paying a fortune for a journey you can't fully enjoy? As for me, I would never do anything like that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home