My Spot

Saturday, July 08, 2006

The deer family



A couple of days ago I went for a long morning walk. I got up at half past five in the morning and at six I was already on my way. I headed for a small hill nearby. It was a sunny morning but it wasn't hot, so the air was cool and very refreshing.

It took me about half an hour to reach the top of my destination. I stopped there and decided to have a rest. I enjoyed the beautiful view - it wasn't cloudy, so I could see really far. I listened to the birds singing in the forest behind me and I was having a splended time. Suddenly, I heard something. I turned around and I saw a young deer running along the edge of the woods. Then, to my big surprise, it was joined by its mother, which jumped out of the bushes and waited there until her baby disappeared safely into the forest. When the mother was sure that the baby was safe, she ran off after him and disappeared among the trees, as well.

It was such a beautiful scene - a great reward for getting up so early and bravely deciding to go for a long walk at such a "disgraceful" time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home