My Spot

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Royal friend


I have a new friend. His name is Lordi (in Slovene that's a term of endearment for "Lord" and it would be pronouunced as "lordee"; the meaning would be "little lord") and he's a huge pigeon. He's black but parts of his body shine in metal green and purple. He's beautiful. I decided to call him Lordi because I think he must have royal blood running in his veins - he's bigger than any pigeon I have ever seen and he has better manners, too, because he always answers back when I call him (neither does he poop on our heads when we're in the garden - so, you see what I mean by "better manners"). He comes to greet me every morning. He always sits on the roof of the house across the street so that he can see me through the window and he stays there until I notice him and greet him back. So, as you can see, he is not only big and well-behaved, he is also very smart. Doesn't that sound like royalty to you, too?

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home